Functional Title: Equity Team Operations Analyst
Corporate Title: Associate
Reports To: Head of Equity and Deputy Head of Equity
Overtime Eligible (Y/N): N
Manage communications and information as well as translation where necessary. This will include communications with select outside parties and internal relations. Act as back-up trader and miscellaneous other duties as assigned. Able to manage multiple, concurrent tasks and work under pressure.
• Act as principal point of contact, liaise and coordinate communications, reporting & other deliverables with various divisions within HQ in Tokyo and overseas.
• Monitor progress of workflows, coordinate and ensure timely and accurate response/delivery. Troubleshoot and promptly raise any issues for best resolution.
• Ensure reports and communications are aligned with business objectives and agreements.
• Assist expat staff with translating, completing or coordinating information requests and evaluate and implement mechanisms/processes to improve reliability, accuracy, efficiency, clarity, and value-added.
• Build and maintain relationships with Tokyo based portfolio managers, ESG managers and improve communications with various other counterparties including those in London and Singapore.
• Collaborate and coordinate with Trader/Admin staff to ensure timely and accurate communications and reporting with back-office; and maintenance of required records, reports and data including performance and ratings materials.
• Process proxy voting with the assistance of Admin and where necessary in conjunction with analyst(s) and other team members. Document and record decision process; ensure consistency with existing policies; submit for final internal review and authorization(s).
• Process corporate actions, troubleshoot any issues that may develop; maintain, and improve current operations process & procedures.
• Advance commitments for Responsible Investment and ESG in collaboration with colleagues in Tokyo.
• Leveraging IT team to automate and/or update processes wherever possible.
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• Complete fluency in both English and Japanese is essential; both written and verbal.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, economics, or equivalent work experience.
• At least 3+ years of relevant experience within the financial services industry, preferably within an equities environment
• Detail oriented, analytical, highly organized team player with strong communication skills able to quickly identify and resolve discrepancies. Ability to effectively prioritize work in a real-time environment with strong risk management and compliance awareness. A flexible team player able to adapt to change.
• Strong command of MS Office software and advanced Excel skill; proficiency with Bloomberg and related automated research and trading tools / systems.