To communicate with custom brokers, FDA, USDA, and Drayage for updating import-cargo receiving schedule, Handing Shipping documents and import permits. Updating and shipping schedule list to set up item maintenance on the system. Food related task. As well as helping with all other purchasing related tasks.
• Provides administrative and clerical support to the department.
• Types reports, purchase orders, memoranda, and other documents.
• Research vendors and collects prices, specifications, and other data related to goods and services.
• Purchase new items or food as well as cook new food for a tasting meeting with sales departments.
• Establishes and maintains a recordkeeping system for the purchasing department.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Cleaning and organizing office shelves when needed.
• Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs
• Research potential vendors
• Track orders and ensure timely delivery
• Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts)
• Conduct market research to identify pricing trends
• Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices
• Prepare cost analysis
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to learn purchasing procedures and policies.
• Ability to type 40 words per minute.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Fluent in Japanese (speak, write, and read)
• Business level English and writing skill
• Participate in Food Expo once a year
• Mandatory participation during Company Inventory twice a year. (June and December)
• College Associate degree or Higher
• Basic Knowledge of Japanese food ingredients and industry.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times