Assists Vice President(s) in charge to supervise administrative assistants in the effective implementation of general affairs and secretarial functions. The incumbent is responsible for initiating and coordinating accounting, bookkeeping, audit, and administrative details will be included. Accounting experience is not required but is a big plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides secretarial support to the President and Vice President(s),
Provides conducive and effective office environment by maintaining office equipment, supplies, and furniture; repairs them if needed,
Receives sends, and files letters and facsimiles,
Attends visitors and messengers; contacts the appropriate person or department for direction or leads visitors to an assigned conference room,
Notifies the supervisor immediately of any difficult or unusual situation in the reception area and throughout the office,
Orders and maintains office supplies as needed,
Sharing the general affairs procedures and knowledge with team members,
Plans and executes overall efficiency improvements of general affairs.
Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
2. Accounting of former ABCD Company
(1) Quarterly financial closing
- Q1 and Q3: Prepare/review financial statements, Income Tax Provisions, and Consolidation packages.
- Mid-term review: Prepare/review Engagement letters, Confirmation Letters, Standalone Financial Statements, required documents per PBC List, Income Tax Provisions, Consolidation package, and mid-term review fieldwork.
- Year-end audit: Prepare/review Engagement letter, Confirmation letters, standalone Financial Statements, required documents per PBC List, Income Tax Provisions, other tax-related requirements (Tax True-up Comparison, Tax Basis in partnership), Consolidation Package, audit fieldwork, Pro-forma and Audited Financial Statements.
(2) Perform monthly closing of books
- Maintain General Ledgers, other accounting reports, schedules, and summaries.
- Prepare the Monthly Accounting Reports for submission to headquarters.
(3) Process and post all credit and debit transactions to General Ledger
- Time Deposits, partnership distributions, and contributions, refunds, payroll, payroll taxes, etc.
(4) Handle cash management
- Cash Distributions to/from partnerships, wire/book transfer applications, time deposit purchases, and maturities, etc.
(5) Prepare government filing documents
- Confirm and ensure timely filing and payment of Corporation Income Taxes, paper filing or e-filing
- Prepare mandatory survey reports
- Prepare and file annual reports:
- Prepare Forms 1099 MISC (Miscellaneous Income) and Form 1096 (Annual Summary and Transmittal of U.S. Information Returns).
- Prepare documents for Asset Evaluation, quarterly financial reporting package, and source documents for AJE/EJEs over $10M.
(6) Communicate and work with accounting and legal firms
- Communicate and work with accounting and legal firms pertaining to government notices, correspondences, government examinations, and other related issues that require prompt response/action.
- Prepare tax projections.
- Maintain EXCEL Accounting and Sage Accounting systems.
3. Accounting of EFG Company
- Prepare annual financial closing.
- Make monthly accounting reports.
- Prepare tax filings, such as corporate tax, local tax, and sales & use tax.
- Prepare the internal and external auditing.
3. Accounting of common matter throughout ABDC and EFG
- Process all Accounts Payable transactions.
- Attends other accounting matters requested by the supervisor(s).
- Performs other projects and related duties as assigned.
- Works closely with Vice President(s) on accounting practice to facilitate efficient internal control.
- Recommends improvements or changes in accounting procedures in compliance with new as well as existing regulations.
- Update manuals periodically: Accounting manual, Tax Provision Preparation, Quarterly Financial Closing, and Audit Preparation manuals.
- Share the accounting procedures and knowledge with team members.
- Plans and executes overall efficiency improvements of accounting works.
*ABCD and EFG merged (the New company name is ABCDEFG). After the merger, accounting matter is still separated basically.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2-3 years of administrative assistant experience is required.
- Corporate tax filing and financial closing, and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience are plus.
- Good knowledge of corporate policies and procedures of accounting, auditing, tax, and general affairs functions are plus.
- Good knowledge of modern office practices and procedures and the use of office machines and equipment.
- Organizing abilities for priority setting and attending to details.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, business visitors, and the general public.
- Sufficient skill in operating PC.