We are looking for technically skilled candidates with good problem-solving ability for the position of IT technician. The duties of an IT technician include being a reference point for all IT related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a timely manner and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties.IT technicians are expected to display good interpersonal skills as they will interact with clients from various technical knowledges, and executive levels. They are required to listen to their technical needs, understand their problems, and implement solutions to them.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The setup, configuration, repair, moves/add/changes, and integration of new and existing computing hardware, software, networking, telecommunications, and other computer-related technologies and peripherals
- Basic network support ensuring full connectivity of desktop and other networked peripherals, troubleshooting and resolving user and site networking issues
- Supporting the clients with installing, administering and maintaining the infrastructure of clients, servers and networking
- Installation, setup, and maintenance of workstations to include workstation hardware components, base operating systems, networking, software environments
- Performing preventative maintenance and setup for a variety of computer related equipment and locations
- Providing responsive customer-centered quality support and service ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Addressing and/or resolving IT incidents/service requests promptly and completely
- Upgrading the entire system to enable compatible software on all computers
- Conducting daily backup operations
- Managing technical documentation
Qualification / Requirements:
- The person must meet following qualifications and willing to improve one’s abilities under supervisor’s instructions
- Fluency in English, business level Japanese would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in computer networks and systems maintenance.
- A+, Cisco, Linux, Microsoft, VMware related accreditation advantageous.
- Technical knowledge of TCP/IP protocol (Mail, DNS etc.), general networking (Cisco, Fortinet, etc.), Windows OS (Client, Server), Virtualization Software (VMware, Hyper-V), Backup Solution (Veritas, Veeam), Windows Network System (Active Directory), Concept of major software licensing (Microsoft, Symantec, Adobe, etc.)
- Interpersonal Skill – Developing and maintaining relationship with business units and other groups.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understanding the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Multitasking – Managing and performing multiple daily tasks effectively to meet a deadline by prioritizing and organizing.