This position is at one of the biggest Japanese financial companies.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
◆Accounting & Tax Work
- Supervise accounting staff and review their works
- Ensure the company’s records of income and expenses are fully booked
- Ensure bond activities, assets, and depreciation Expenses are properly booked
- Ensure cash accounts are reconciled
- Fulfill general tax obligations with CPA’s instructions
- Handing Year-end accounting works to properly close the book
- Work with CPA for Financial Statement Drafting
- Monthly Budget Consumption report making and analyzing
- Annual Budget estimation for the future year
- Handling routine Year-End Audit procedures with Auditor
- Handling other special audits
- Handling Workers’ compensation audits annually
◆Share cost-related work
- Allocate shared expenses to 3rd party
- Invoice 3rd party and collect the reimbursement correctly
◆401k Retirement Plan Related Work
- Daily operation
- Annual essential work
- Year End work
◆Transition Time Help
- Helping Expat officer to be familiar with all works in the accounting department
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration/ management, or a related field and 5 years of job-related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A CPA license is a plus
- The Japanese Language is a plus
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Broad knowledge of the principles, practices, and concepts of accounting.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication, and team facilitation skills to effectively interact with senior management, and internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical and project management skills to interpret and adapt known methods, regulations, system procedures, or operating concepts to new situations.