Job Details & Responsibilities:
* Independently manages accounts on a day-to-day basis which includes
coordinating all services, answering all questions, and resolving problems,
which may arise; maintains timeliness and completeness when interacting
with clients, company personnel.
* Negotiates and secures the most appropriate carrier coverage based upon
client needs for new and renewal business and negotiating cost of those coverages; maintains ongoing relationships with carriers and wholesalers.
* Makes decisions regarding the resolution of all moderate and complex
client service problems: research and resolve coverage issues, audit issues, billing discrepancies in a timely manner.
* Independently enters and maintains accounts/policies in AMS360 while
maintaining a current suspense; reviews insurance policies and endorsements for accuracy; reviews contracts and special certificate of insurance requests for compliance and response to insured.
* Uses specific industry training and knowledge to determine the needs of
the client and identify cross-selling opportunities; expands/rounds-out existing accounts by identifying potential gaps in coverage, recommending, and implementing proper coverage.
* Supervises and works with Account Representatives and Office Support team to ensure that basic client services tasks have been completed; need to prepare submissions for the marketing of accounts and resolve accounting discrepancies in a timely manner, provides support during the claim process, and prepares proposals, synopses, analyses, and special projects as requested.
* Researches and maintains industry knowledge of developing trends regarding carrier underwriting, appetite, and pricing changes. Applies knowledge to negotiation of policies to provide best comprehensive coverage to client.
* Responsibility includes retention of new and renewal clients and maintaining a partnership with the group companies to support business development activities while upholding high service standards.
* Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
* Primarily responsible for the ongoing management of commercial clients, retention of new and renewal clients, and maintaining a partnership with the group companies to support business development activities while upholding high service standards.
* 5+ years’ experience in management of a property and casualty commercial lines department.
* 7+ years’ experience in commercial lines service and marketing
* Able to successfully interact and/or negotiate with all personality types with outside clients, underwriters, vendors, and other professionals.
* Must demonstrate proficiency in the following areas and skills: Insurance knowledge, organization, attention to detail, written and verbal
communication and presentation skills, Microsoft Office (Word is critical; Excel basic knowledge required; other suite product skill are helpful i.e., AMS), Math and critical thinking, problem solving, interpersonal skills.
* Possess an active CA P&C License and in good standing. Bilingual in English and Japanese. Able to successfully interact and/or negotiate with
all personality types with outside clients, underwriters, vendors, and other
* Must be a team player willing to assist with projects and matters that arise
* Must be responsible and productive both independently and with others
* Must be creative, flexible, curious and willing to try new things
* Should be emotionally intelligent, forgiving, resilient and solution-oriented
* College Degree Preferred.
* Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in Japanese.
* Business level English is also required
* Potential opportunity to participate in the new business production.
* Service oriented and be able to meet clients and make renewal presentations.
* May travel within the U.S.