- The Sales Engineer serves as a liaison in the sales process when complex and technical equipment or services are involved.
- Consults with existing and potential clients to assess and understand equipment needs and systems requirements.
- Drafts or assists with drafting presentations and other documentation and materials that explain products and services to customers.
- Provides expertise and support to sales teams to communicate products, services, and client needs.
- Ensures that customer needs are met, which may include product modifications.
- Proposes improved materials or products to customers and explains the benefits of changes.
- Provides support to customers and resolves problems with installed equipment.
- Prepares product orders and schedules deliveries.
Assists with research and development of new products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent problem-solving and verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills with a proven ability to explain technical products to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to apply engineering, technology, or other related principles to product sales.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- 3+ years of related product or sales experience required.
- Ability to work independently and flexibly in a team, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Physical ability to lift/move equipment as needed, and the flexibility to travel to the office or client sites when requested.
- Capacity to adapt to out-of-office hours work when necessary.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. If not currently in possession of one, the ability to obtain a driver’s license will be required for this position.