A Japanese media company at the DC Office is looking for an Assistant News Producer to assist the news team with bringing news from the US to a national audience in Japan.
The right candidate will support reporters, covering news from North and South America. You will have a hand in creating pre-recorded or live content for the news program the news for Japan’s largest media conglomerate.
The ideal candidate would find excitement in covering a wide array of topics from culture to entertainment to politics and the UN, as well as having access to special events and work trips.
• Research, monitor, and identify breaking news and trends utilizing a variety of US news sources
• Coordinate filming logistics, assist with on-site filming, and conduct interviews
• Identify and pitch newsworthy stories suitable for a Japanese audience
• Perform fact-checking and proof-reading, write accurate and fast memos, and simultaneously manage multiple assignments
• An interest in news and current events as well as Japan and Japanese culture
• Native-level English and Japanese ability. Additional languages are a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher (a degree in Journalism, International Relations, or Political Science is a plus)
• Ability to handle intense deadline pressure and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work individually as well as in a team
• Must live within an hour’s commute to our DC office or be able to move within 1 day before the beginning of employment.
• Have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Willingness to work outside of the office frequently