A Japanese unique chemical manufacturer is seeking an Assistant Manager in Sales and Marketing.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales and Marketing activities of Electronic & Innovative Products such as Advanced Specialty
Materials, Electronic Products, Adhesives & Solutions Products in North America, and partially China and Europe including but not limited to
• Make and monitor the sales budget, forecast, and result
• Achieve and exceed sales budgets
• Negotiate with customers/distributors/agents for commercial terms and troubleshooting
• Maintain key accounts and expand new projects
• Find a new customer and promote existing and new products
• Monitor and manage consignment inventory (eventually, the company’s inventory as well)
• Take an initial lead with internal teams to solve commercial, technical, legal, financial, and logistic issues with a customer
• Submit a written report and internal authorization requests
• Communicate with the company in Japan / Singapore (Sales, Technical, Logistics, and Legal)
• Travel and visit a customer in North America (Presumably, 30 – 50% of your time on average)
• Travel internationally mainly Japan, Singapore, and Europe if required (appx. 2-3 times annually)
• Plan, coordinate itinerary, and attend the company Japan team for their visit to US customers
• Do market research through a customer, attend and exhibit a trade show and conference
• Electronic industry experience is a plus.
• Japanese language skill is required.
• At least 2-3 years of Sales experience is required.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Strong communication skills (verbal & written), including strong relationship-building skills between a customer and an internal team
• Availability to work the flexible hours necessary to have a meeting between Asia and Europe
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
Salary: $75K to 85K
• Working hours: 40 hours per week / Monday through Friday
• The regular working hours: 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, 401K Plan