A Japanese media company at the DC Office is looking for a Camera Person to assist the news team with bringing news from the US to a national audience in Japan.
The right candidate will support reporters, covering news from North and South America and political news in DC.
You will have a hand in creating pre-recorded or live content for the news program the news for one of Japan’s largest media conglomerates.
The ideal candidate would find excitement in covering a wide array of topics from culture to entertainment to politics and the UN, as well as having access to special events and work trips.
• Responsible for shooting news and other videos including design, operation of lighting, audio equipment, and transportation of equipment.
• Coordinate with Correspondents and News Producers to translate ideas and news stories into video images.
• Shoot to tape and live via satellite and fiber from the studio or on location throughout North, South, and Central America.• Edit video images for transmission or broadcast.
• Coordinate fiber and satellite feed as requested for the TV News and Production Departments and the company or other affiliates.
• Perform transmission of video footage from the location or studio to the company or other affiliates. Conduct an archive of recorded footage.
• Travel with news or production crew on location and provide relief in driving during on-location shoots.
• Maintain the company’s ENG equipment and other related equipment. Coordinate repairs and parts procurement. Perform routine surveys to ensure equipment safety and security.
• Keep up-to-date with developments in ENG technology.
• Research, plan and propose future story ideas.
• Prepare and submit payment vouchers for vendor invoices.
• Perform other duties assigned from time to time by the Management.
• Ability to lift, carry and move production equipment and/or other baggage weighing up to 50 pounds between office, airport, hotel, and to different shooting locations under all types of conditions including, but not limited to, extremes in temperature, weather, altitudes, and depths;
• Ability to perform work at shoot locations under all types of conditions including, but not limited to, extremes in temperature, weather, altitudes, and depths;
• Ability and willingness to travel internationally and ability and willingness to drive in unfamiliar surroundings.
• Employee may be required all necessary immunizations that are required for entry into foreign countries or for re-entry into the United States.
• Must live within an hour’s commute to our DC office or be able to move within 1 day before the beginning of employment.
• Have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Willingness to work outside of the office frequently