Office Associate plays a vital role in the smooth operation of a branch office by providing administrative support. They perform a wide range of general office tasks, including data entry, record maintenance, mail handling, phone answering, and filing. This entry-level position works under general supervision and requires flexibility, as daily duties can vary. The primary focus is on ensuring office efficiency and delivering excellent service to clients and customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide outstanding customer service to employees, customers, clients, and vendors by creating a friendly environment, offering assistance, and maintaining excellent product knowledge.
- Process Sales Orders and/or Purchase Orders using Oracle.
- Review and process sales or purchase orders accurately and efficiently.
- Address accounts receivable (A/R) inquiries and respond to customers or sales representatives promptly.
- Handle checks and cash received from customers.
Prepare payment orders for vendor and supplier invoices.
- Check inventory to determine product availability.
Maintain filing system according to company standard operating procedures (SOP) and retrieve documents as needed.
- Support office staff, sales, and warehouse teams by assisting with various tasks.
- Organize and maintain delivery and receiving documents and logs.
- Communicate effectively with sales associates, warehouse staff, and office personnel.
- Answer incoming calls, take messages, and provide information to direct callers appropriately.
- Deliver exceptional service to customers and suppliers, promptly addressing and resolving any issues or complaints with Corporate Finance if necessary.
- Assist with quarterly physical inventory (PI) as needed, potentially on weekends.
- Understand and follow company SOPs, and locate relevant SOPs when necessary.
- Reception duties, such as greeting visitors and accepting deliveries.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The ideal candidate should have a High School Diploma or GED. Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, and Word) is preferred.
- Familiarity with general office operations.
- Accurate data entry skills with moderate typing speed.
- Effective communication skills in person, on the phone, and via email.
- Clear and concise verbal communication ability.
- Active listening and understanding of verbal information and ideas.
- Document organization, sorting, and filing capabilities.
- Strong task organization and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficiency in spoken, written, and reading English.
Compensation and Benefits:
The company offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Life and accident insurance.
401(k) with company matching.
19 days of paid time off.
Wellness program and EAP assistance.
And much more.