The incumbent is responsible for initiating and coordinating accounting, bookkeeping, audit, and administrative details. Assists Vice President(s) in charge to supervise administrative assistants in effective implementation of general affairs and secretarial functions. This position involves a high degree of confidential information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Accounting(1) Quarterly financial closing
- Q1 and Q3: Prepare/review financial statements, Income Tax Provisions, Consolidation Package.
- Mid-term review: Prepare/review Engagement letter, Confirmation Letters, Standalone Financial Statements, required documents per PBC List, Income Tax Provisions, Consolidation package, mid-term review fieldwork.
- Year-end audit: Prepare/review Engagement letter, Confirmation letters, standalone Financial Statements, required documents per PBC List, Income Tax Provisions, other tax related requirements (Tax True-up Comparison, Tax Basis in partnership), Consolidation Package, audit fieldwork, Pro-forma and audited Financial Statements.
(2) Perform monthly closing of books
- Maintain General Ledgers, other accounting reports, schedules, and summaries.
- Prepare the Monthly Accounting Reports for submission to headquarters.
(3) Process and post all credit and debit transactions to General Ledger
- Time Deposit, partnership’s distributions and contributions, refunds, payroll, payroll taxes, etc.
(4) Handle cash management
- Cash Distributions to/from partnerships, wire/book transfer applications, time deposits purchases and maturities, etc.
(5) Prepare government filing documents
- Confirm and ensure timely filing and payment of Corporation Income Taxes, paper filing or e-filing
- Prepare mandatory survey reports
- Prepare and file annual reports:
- Prepare Forms 1099 MISC (Miscellaneous Income) and Form 1096 (Annual Summary and Transmittal of U.S. Information Returns).
- Prepare documents for Asset Evaluation, quarterly financial reporting package, source documents for AJE/EJEs over $10M.
(6) Communicate and work with accounting and legal firms
- Communicate and work with accounting and legal firms pertaining government notices, correspondences, government examinations, and other related issues that require prompt response/action.
- Prepare tax projection.
- Maintain EXCEL Accounting and Sage Accounting system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least three years of corporate tax filing and financial closing, and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good knowledge of corporate policies and procedures of accounting, auditing, tax, and the general affairs functions,
- Good knowledge of modern office practices and procedures and the use of office machines and equipment,
- Organizing abilities for priority setting and attends to details,
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, business visitors and the general public,
- Sufficient skill in operating PC,
- Basic knowledge of the Company and the building security requirements and procedure.