Responsible for providing technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems and network, on both hardware and software level, for clients in person, via telephone or electronically, and performing the regular maintenance work and regular PC kitting work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Tier 1 end user support on daily basis.
- Provides answers and technical support to clients by isolating and identifying problems; researching answers; guiding client through corrective steps.
- Supports Desktop and Laptop users and solves problems with Microsoft, Adobe, Java, and other software in the production environment.
- Provides phone, e-mail and in-person support to users for various systems, including e-mail, LAN/WAN, user account administration, Active Directory, Virtualization system, standard desktop images and applications, etc.
- Ensures backup, recovery, and data restoration for customers during upgrades or when a problem with the system is diagnosed.
- Escalate issues to next level of support and/or vendors and contractors in timely manner.
- Assume full ownership of problem resolution, status, and tracking using the helpdesk ticketing system.
- Perform PC kitting and software/driver installation work.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned under supervisor’s instruction.
- Provide Tier 1 network and system troubleshoot.
Qualification / Requirements:
- Fluency in English, business level Japanese would be a plus.
- Over 3 years of help desk/desktop support or related IT experience.
- Technical knowledge of TCP/IP protocol (Mail, DNS etc.), general networking (Cisco, Fortinet, etc.), Windows OS (Client, Server), Virtualization Software (VMware, Hyper-V), Backup Solution (Symantec Backup Exec), Windows Network System (Active Directory), Concept of major software licensing (Microsoft, Symantec, Adobe, etc.)
- Interpersonal Skill – Developing and maintaining relationship with business units and other groups.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understanding the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Multitasking – Managing and performing multiple daily tasks effectively to meet a deadline by prioritizing and organizing.