The Office Associate plays a crucial role in supporting the National Key Account Manager and the team in driving growth and managing operations for the non-Asian sales segment at the company. This position involves coordinating day-to-day activities and acting as the primary contact for clients, customers, internal personnel, and headquarters in Los Angeles. The Office Associate handles various administrative tasks, including order entry, customer communication, and inventory management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Keep the National Key Account Manager informed of workflow status through effective communication methods such as email, phone calls, or in-person meetings, depending on the circumstances.
- Prepare and provide periodic reports showing detailed information on sales volume, potential sales, and the status of ongoing pursuits, as required and requested.
- Deliver outstanding service to clients, customers, and internal employees by creating a friendly environment, offering assistance, and maintaining excellent product knowledge and customer service standards.
- Review customer orders and ensure they are processed accurately through the order processing system.
- Address inquiries to customers via phone, email, or other channels regarding order information, such as pricing, inventory, shipping dates, and potential delays. Resolve inquiries or complaints and direct them to the appropriate personnel.
- Check inventory availability and communicate internally and externally about requested merchandise.
- Organize, maintain, and file relevant records, including orders received, vendor communication, and commission information.
- Foster cross-functional communication with internal employees involved in the business’s needs.
- Monitor and update shipping/receiving schedules to meet customers’ requirements.
- Follow up with relevant parties (e.g., Product Development, Logistics, vendors, and other branch locations) to ensure timely and accurate deliveries.
- Perform daily registration activities, such as printing invoices, matching purchase orders, checking payments, mailing invoices, creating payment orders, and maintaining permanent copies.
- Provide customers with product information, including pricing, delivery, inventory stocking, alternative options, and value-added details.
- Undertake additional related duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma and a minimum of 4 years of office or business experience.
Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, and Word) is required.
Marketing background is a plus.
The Office Associate works on-site in a clean office environment, typically for 40 hours per week.
Some work shifts or overtime may be required during busy periods.
Travel may be necessary to assist the team involved in the business.
Compensation and Benefits:
The company offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Life and accident insurance.
401(k) with company matching.
19 days of paid time off.
Wellness program and EAP assistance.
And much more.