Job Details & Responsibilities:
* Work closely with Employee Benefits personnel and Clients.
* Responsible for building client relationships by providing quality customer service to ensure retention of clients and solicit bids on new businesses, managing renewals, open enrollments, making presentations, and handling the day-to-day supervision of Employee Benefits Team.
* Responsibility includes retention of new and renewal clients and maintaining a partnership with the group companies to support business development activities while upholding high service standards.
* A minimum of 7-10 years in the insurance industry working with Employee Group Benefits.
* CA Life and Health License is required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to draft
recommendations for senior management and explain benefits packages to employee.
* Basic computer skills and familiarity with Words and Excel are also important.
* Need to possess strong analytical skills and some knowledge of statistical
* Up-to-date knowledge of relevant federal and state regulations is required.
* Experience with all types of Employee Group Benefits Programs: analyze,
design, and administer employee benefits programs, such as medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans and 401k, pensions.
* Responsible for educating human resources personnel or employees about benefits packages.
* Must be a team player willing to assist with projects and matters that arise
* Must be responsible and productive both independently and with others
* Must be creative, flexible, curious and willing to try new things
* Should be emotionally intelligent, forgiving, resilient and solution-oriented
* College Degree Preferred.
* Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English.
* Japanese language skills a big plus.
* Potential opportunity to participate in the new business production.
* May travel within the U.S. for customer service such as enrollment meetings.