The Manager is responsible for accurate reporting of all financial statements for properties.
<Job Details & Responsibilities>
- Manages the Property Accounting/Administration Division to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports and analyses including, but not limited to, internal and external financial statements.
- Manage and monitor day-to-day operational accounting activities (property payables, receivables, tenant lease charges, security deposits, etc.)
- Establish and maintain systems and internal controls which verify the integrity financial systems, processes, and data.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are documented and that all staff work is routinely reviewed in accordance with standard operating procedures and practices.
- Working with external public accounting firms (CPA) to ensure timely filed tax returns and tax payments for all properties managed and Investors.
- Responsible for recommending and enforcing the internal controls, policies, and procedures.
- Work directly with PM Managers and Vendors to determine and meet all client’s accounting needs.
- Develop, mentor, and manage accounting and administration team. Perform performance reviews and contribute to compensation conversations for staff.
- General understanding of accounting principles, laws/regulations.
- 3+ years of Appfolio or other Property Management Accounting Software (non-Property Management Accounting Software experience could be considered).
- Ability to manage multiple activities/projects concurrently and prioritize accordingly.
- Tech savvy – familiar with office applications or software such as Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, QuickBooks, AppFolio, digital workload management, and comfortable learning new software programs.
- Communication skills to effectively work with clients and colleagues both in English and Japanese (Preferable) but will consider English only.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (LOOKUPS, SUMIF, Pivot Tables, formulas, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience managing a team.