Perform administrative, reconciliation and client service duties, including record-keeping and reporting utilizing software programs and specialized operations systems.
- Confirm all daily trades; resolve any discrepancy with the counterparties; confirm all aspects of trades via various sources and ensure prior day settlement.
- Perform daily collateral management of TBA in accordance with MSFTA including exposure review, collateral valuation, monthly interest calculations, and communicating with counterparties for margin calls.
- Reconcile cash balances between the internal accounting system and custodian banks.
- Check daily price and enter daily rates and benchmarks in the accounting system.
- Monitor and check any irregularities for funds’ daily and monthly performance reports.
- Check position reconciliations between internal systems and custodian banks and investigate any discrepancies.
- Prepare proxy, corporate action, and class action notices for the front office.
- Verify future variation margin statements.
- Generate internal notices and reports; distribute to relevant parties.
- Prepare reports for counterparties and clients.
- Participate in special projects assigned by Supervisor or Department Head.
- Support all system requirements for the Operations Team.
- Communicating with Japanese counterparts and affiliates.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in a buy-side asset management, or equivalent sell- side experience in trade confirmations, settlements, and collateral operations.
- Strong knowledge of domestic and global Fixed Income required. Equity securities/instruments knowledge helpful.
- Strong skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with CTM for trade matching and settlement.
- Knowledge or Ability to work with portfolio accounting systems (e.g. Eagle Investment Systems) and order management systems (e.g. Bloomberg AIM)
- Ability to work 9:00am – 5:30PM, with flexibility to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to work in a team environment and effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment: ability to prioritize, perform with high accuracy, and meet tight deadlines.
- Japanese fluency is a plus but not required
An understanding of funds’ guidelines is a plus.