A largest independent, global, full-service investment banking firm headquartered in the U.S. is seeking junior Japanese equity sales for the New York City office. The candidate will be a goal oriented, self-motivated salesperson to work with and support other Salespeople, increase awareness of the Research product, manage current relationships and prospect new accounts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide general support to senior salespeople in Japan Equity desk
- Call and visit clients to market Japanese equities.
- Respond to client requests via phone and email for research, earnings models, corporate access, and conference meeting requests
- Connect analysts with investors
- Generate write-ups/recaps and stock ideas.
- Coordinate/host conference calls.
- Assist with follow up of research calls and events.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
- Ability to travel to visit clients as needed
- 0-3 years of experience in an Equity sales position at an investment bank.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as Finance, Business, Accounting or Mathematics is desirable.
- A real interest in financial markets and across the product with a passion in continually improving and building in your understanding of the space.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Japanese.
- Ability to prospect new business, as well as maintain an existing account base.
- Ability to work under pressure, strong quantitative, analytical and communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and sales skills.
- Motivated, hard-working, attention to detail, team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) with strong Excel skills.
- FINRA SIE, Series 7, 63 are required. Will be able to take and pass these exams after joining the firm.