Position: IT Help Desk Engineer
Customer: Japanese Trading Company in Midtown, NYC
- IT Help Desk Engineer to help maintain and troubleshoot infrastructure for a customer in New York City.
- Demonstrate technical competency, delivering infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security.
- Provide 1st-level (Tier 1) IT Help Desk / Admin / QA support
- Test and maintain operating systems, application software (Office 365), smart phones, printers, video conferencing system, etc.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with server, network team and/or vendors to implement those fixes
- Liaise with other IT teams, vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Write and maintain documents to increase efficiency and lower the mistakes on any tasks
- Update ticketing system
- Proven working experience in administrating and troubleshooting MS Windows based environments
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Full-time with full benefits
- $25-30 / hour
- 8 hours per day including 1-hour paid lunch
- 9am to 5pm / Monday through Friday (10 paid holidays / year)
- Fluent in English writing/reading and speaking. Japanese and/or Spanish is a plus
- At least 1 year of Help Desk or related experience
- AA/BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, CIS or a related subject
- Microsoft Certified Professional is preferred
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations
- Able to commute to this job’s location