• Keep consistency in making recommendations and remain conscious of fiduciary duties for clients.
• Conduct fundamental equity research with emphasis on future cash flow of companies, derive target prices of each stock in coverage by using proprietary financial model and provide investment opinions to NY and Tokyo based Portfolio Managers and to other clients.
• Formulate clear investment opinions on the outlook for the various healthcare sub-sectors such as biopharma, managed care and Medtech and identify secular trends driving each industry.
• Write core research reports for stocks under coverage and update earning models periodically.
• Conduct meetings with company management teams to find new investment candidates and monitor companies’ fundamentals in the coverage universe.
• Learn and contribute to the ESG evaluation framework and internally developed rating system.
• Attend industry conferences to learn emerging trends and evaluate current business situation.
• Contribute sector comments to daily morning note to help the PMs and the team stay current with important breaking news and its investment implications.
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Finance or equivalent concentration.
• Strong commitment to building a career within healthcare investing and active asset management.
• 5+ years of experience as a financial analyst or consultant within the broader healthcare sector.
• Strong command of MS Office software and advanced Excel; proficiency with Bloomberg and related automated research tools.
• Excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail and ability to work under pressure/meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving abilities; resourceful, independent and self-motivated thinker, with a keen interest in the stock market and plenty of initiative to generate ideas
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as required
• A flexible team player able to adapt to change.