Conduct in-depth research within the Industrials and Materials sectors and recommend investment positions for managed funds to outperform defined benchmarks. Provide timely research information and detailed investment opinions to PMs in NY and in Tokyo.
• Conduct fundamental equity research with emphasis on future cash flow of companies, derive target prices of each stock in coverage by using proprietary financial model and provide investment opinions to NY and Tokyo based Portfolio Managers and to others.
• Write core research reports for stocks under coverage and update earning models periodically.
• Conduct meetings with company management teams to find new investment candidates and monitor companies’ fundamentals in the coverage universe.
• Contribute to the internal ESG evaluation framework and internally developed rating system.
• Attend industry conferences to identify and learn about emerging trends and evaluate current business trends.
• Contribute sector comments to daily morning note to help the PMs and the team stay current with important breaking news and their investment implications.
• Miscellaneous other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent concentration.
• 2-5 years of experience in the financial services industry with strong understanding of the equity markets and wider financial environment.
• Strong command of MS Office software and advanced Excel; proficiency with Bloomberg and related automated research tools.
• Excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail and ability to work under pressure/meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving abilities; resourceful, independent and self-motivated thinker, with a keen interest in the stock market and plenty of initiative to generate ideas
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as required
• A flexible team player able to adapt to change and comfortable in a multi-cultural environment.