Our Firm seeks an adaptable team player to join us as an AVP, Economist. Individual will be responsible for research and analysis of financial market as well as economic issues and advise internal portfolio managers and clients
• Research and analyze financial market and economic issues with extensive focus in US. • Interpret and forecast market trends, economic data and central bank monetary policy decisions. • Provide timely and comprehensive reports/ad hoc commentaries to both internal and external audience. • Liaise with industry sources to capture the forefront market trend and improve macro and market forecasts. • Develop economic models through quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent concentration; MBA and/or CFA designation preferred.
• At least 3-5 years in macroeconomics and/or financial markets related experience such as economist, strategist, portfolio manager, analyst or related position with an understanding of the wider financial environment; multi-national corporation experience preferred.
• Strong command of MS Office software and advanced Excel; proficiency with Bloomberg and related automated research tools.
• Outstanding analytical, financial modeling, written and verbal communication skills. • Good understanding of US economic policy, strong curiosity about economics and financial markets. • Detail oriented, pro-active and able to excel in a highly collaborative global team. • A flexible team player able to adapt to change.