Our Firm is looking to add to its growing staff in NYC, within the Equity Team.
The fundamental and portfolio/data analyst will be responsible for both coverage of Food & Beverages and to assist PMs and Equity Team Head develop and implement quantitative tools for screening; portfolio analytics, attribution etc.
Recommend investment positions for all managed funds to outperform defined benchmarks. Originate ideas and conduct traditional deep dive fundamental equity research for NYC and Tokyo. Provide research and timely investment opinions to HQ in Tokyo to help improve their funds’ performance. Concurrently, identify opportunities and develop the analytic tools to drive technical and quantitative improvements in the existing research process.
• Conduct fundamental stock research with emphasis on future cash flow of companies, derive target prices for each stock under coverage by using financial model and provide investment opinions to NY and Tokyo based portfolio managers.
• Write core research reports on stocks; create and update earning models and ratings including ESG. • Conduct meetings with company management teams; sell-side and other relevant parties to gather information and insights, remain current with industry and market developments, and ultimately find new investment candidates.
• Monitor the fundamentals of companies under coverage including: market trends, competitor dynamics, and any relevant regulatory changes.
• Develop screening and quantitative tools to improve research process; leveraging Bloomberg and data analytics. Automate data collection and analysis. Build and test tools and/or models to analyze financial data, including stock prices, earnings, valuations and other financial indicators
• Contribute sector comments to daily notes that reflect opinions and implications of events that have occurred.
• Communicate with portfolio managers and other analysts to share opinions and strategies. • Miscellaneous other duties as assigned.
• Strong academic background in Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, Economics, Data Analysis, Statistics or related field. Progress towards CFA designation preferred.
• Background in data analytics and a passion for investing in equities; or 2-5 years of experience in equity research, securities analysis and fund investing with an understanding of the wider financial environment.
• Strong command of MS Office; Excel VBA; proficiency in python, SQL as well as Bloomberg preferred.
• Outstanding analytical, financial modeling, written and verbal communication skills required; ability to persuasively present recommendations of investment ideas; resourceful, independent and self-motivated thinker, with a keen interest in the stock market and initiative to generate ideas. • Detail oriented, pro-active, ability to manage and prioritize tasks and able to excel in a highly collaborative global team. Intellectual curiosity and motivation to innovate and improve. • Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as required.